Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New to my shop - "Let's go fly a kite"

Here is my latest piece of artwork. I had this idea in my head for a while now, but never knew how to bring it to life. Finally I had an "a-ha!" moment.

The little girl is just adorable in her two toned pink dress, hat and shoes. The string of the kite has been printed directly on to the paper. The grass has been done in two layers to add depth. The little girl, the cloud above her and her kite have double sided foam tape behind them for a wonderful 3D effect.

The dimensions of the artwork alone is 5.5x5.5 square. The frame I've used for this display is the "Ribba" collection from Ikea, it measures 9x9x1 3/4.

I have to say, this is by far my favorite piece of artwork so far. I will be offering two options, with the frame ($30.00) or without the frame (18.00).





No comments:

Post a Comment